FWBC Scholarship Guidelines and Application
First Waughtown Baptist Church celebrates academic achievement during our College Day celebrated on the third Sunday in May each year. A major part of the celebration includes awarding two scholarships of $1,500.00 each to deserving high school graduating seniors who are members of the church. One of these scholarships is named in memory of our Pastor Emeritus Rev. E. L. Grant and the other in memory of Sister Carrie Bitting, one who labored many years in the Music Education Ministry.
To be considered for the scholarships, applicants MUST --
• be active members of First Waughtown Baptist Church for at least one year.
• have a grade point average of 3.0 or above.
• be involved in extracurricular, church, and/or community activities.
• have been accepted to some institution of higher learning. (university, college, technical school/college, community college, etc.)
• submit all information/documentation listed on this application.
• submit ALL required materials no later than April 10, 2022
E-mail Submissions: ContactUs@firstwaughtown.org
In-Person Submissions: Member of Scholarship Committee
First Waughtown Baptist Church
Attn: Scholarship Committee
838 Moravia St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27107
Scholarship recipients will be announced during the College Day Service. If more than two applicants present comparable qualifications, the Scholarship Committee may divide scholarship funds among such applicants as determined by committee vote. If no applicants qualify, the scholarships will not be awarded.
Dr. Dennis W. Bishop, Senior Pastor
Deaconess Sarah Stephney
Sis. Velma Lindsay
Deacon Marilyn Roseboro
Sis. Robin Mills